The marketing world is changing at an extremely rapid rate, and some traditional marketing methods are still expensive and are becoming less effective. Sales guys (or girls!) for these companies will try and tell you otherwise though. Obviously, it entirely depends on the type of product or sell you’re trying to sell, to what extent you will need to mix new and old/traditional methods.
One of the most powerful tools of online/digital marketing, is that you can track the stats of everything. Literally everything. For example, if you were an online business selling sparkly pink widgets you could potentially do the following:
- Set up some Facebook/Google Ads
- Target your market based on age/interests/geographic location
- Run your ads campaigns
- Check to see how much traffic was driven to your site
- Find out how these visitors used your website
- Find out how many sales you got because of these Ads
- Analyse what products/website pages converted into sales
- Amend ads
Easy! Well maybe not easy, but it’s definitely something that you can pick up over a relatively short period of time. This way, you can monitor the way people buy your products and services, instead of using a tool like radio advertising where it’s all one massive expensive guess. Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you disagree/want to know more!
Check out this infographic from Advice Interactive Group, which shows the changing digital marketing landscape.