Are you managing the social media channels for your business? Sometimes knowing what kind of things you should be posting, and exactly how you should be posting them can be a daunting task. That’s why we’re here to help with a handy bullet point list of our top social media tips.
- Be human – I’ve probably mentioned this a few times in previous social media posts, but I can’t stress enough how important it is. People like talking to people, not robots. When posting on behalf of a business, don’t lose that human touch. Throw in bits of humour here and there, respond to questions and comments as yourself not as a robotic representation of an organisation.
- It doesn’t always have to be relevant – This might sound like a slightly odd tip, but it doesn’t always have to be about your business or industry. If you can somehow link back a piece of unrelated news to your business, services or industry then by all means go for it. But every now and again there’s nothing wrong with posting something which isn’t relevant to your business – these posts break things up, and keep things interesting.
- Take advantage of media – Posts always work better when they contain media, be it an image or a video. Whether it’s on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, you can embed media into your posts extremely easily. Whenever you’re creating a post ask yourself whether there’s a piece of media you can use to enhance it.
- Use links to give posts weight – If you’re discussing a piece of news, topic or information, see if you can find a link to give weight to your post. Links give value to the reader, allowing them to find out more information about what you’re posting about. As a rule try to ensure each post contains either a link, image, video or a combination of those.
- Don’t be scared – The best examples of social media are from companies which aren’t scared to post something slightly cheeky. Whether it’s having a joke with a customer, or sending a humorous tweet to another company’s account. These posts often get a tonne of engagement, and potential customers love to see company accounts having a bit of ‘banter’. It links back to my first point – be human.
Do you have any useful social media tips to share? Leave them in the comments below!
[button color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”http://email.superflymarketing.co.uk/h/j/B080F5739BE46312″ text=”Sign up to our E-Newsletter to get free monthly marketing tips!” color_override=”” image=”icon-check”]